Inflatable hot tubs have become very popular and in high demand over the years. Why? Because it has proven to be budget-friendly, extremely easy to pack up, and perfect for soaking and relaxing in the backyard on a lazy day. Whatever the reason might be, it’s definitely worth getting one.
But, a lot of people don’t know if this type of hot tubs comes with seats or not. So, do inflatable hot tubs have seats?
No, inflatable hot tubs do not have seats, they do not come with seats. However, the absence of seats does not make them rigid and uncomfortable. On the contrary, it’s the opposite. They have been padded and designed in a way that makes it comfortable to sit in it all day and relax.
Nevertheless, you can always get a separate hot tub seat if you feel it’s more comfortable for you and the good news is that you can always move the seats anywhere you like in the hot tub since it isn’t fixed.
Table Of Contents
Are Separate Hot Tub Seats Worth It?
Yes, hot tub seats are worth it, clearly, because it provides more comfort, it provides a variety of seating positions, and most importantly, it assists in improving one’s posture. You should definitely get one.
As stated earlier, inflatable hot tubs do not come with seats but separate seats can be bought. However, note that there are several cheap hot tub seats out there on the internet that causes more harm than good so you have to be aware when getting yourself one.
What’s So Good About Hot Tub Seats?
- They Are Affordable: A good and quality inflatable hot tub seat should cost around $60 to $70 which is a fair price.
- Useful to Boost Heights: If you have kids, then it’s probably a wise choice to get some hot tub seats because it increases kids’ height and keeps their head above the water, the same goes for someone very short. The height of the seat is also adjustable.
- They Are Removable: They aren’t fixed and what that means is that you can always decide to remove it and fix it, depending on your needs at the moment.
- Seats Are Comfortable: While the padded floors are comfortable, the seats are even better and keeps you more comfortable while seating.
- Improve Posture: Some great hot tub seats increase posture.
There you have it. The pros! What do you think? Are they worth it?
You can get your separate spa seats at online stores or some walk-in stores but whatever you do, ensure that you are getting the perfect seats by making sure that the model numbers fit.
However, there are some seats that can fit with most brands and there are also particular branded hot tub seats that can fit with all types of hot tubs for that particular brand. Be careful when buying.
Hot tub seats are very affordable. The price ranges but, you can get an average spa seat for as low as $30, an expensive one for as low as $80, and even cheaper ones for $10 and less. Try not to get the extra cheaper ones because they can end up becoming a great nuisance.
What’s Bad About Hot Tub Seats?
The major con of having hot tub seats is space. It takes up space and reduces the number of people that can be in the tub at a time. However, while this can be a major concern. It’s not to be forgotten that the seats are removable and hence can be removed when needed.
This will be a huge challenge if you have a large family or have friends that show up at your house to relax and get comfortable.
For example, with hot tub seats, you can sit with 3 people but without a seat, you can sit out with a higher number.
Related Read: Inflatable Hot Tubs vs Regular Hot Tubs?
Can You Put Seats in an Inflatable Hot Tub?
Yes, you can buy separate inflatable hot tub seats and place them inside the hot tub. These seats will help you to enjoy the hot tub more and will give you a comfortable experience.
But, don’t think of the seats as the dinner table seats. The inflatable hot tubs come in a different shape, usually in a ‘pillow” shape. Their height is 15cm, and they are easily removed/placed. Most of the time, the inflatable hot tubs are slip-resistant, and that makes them more comfortable.
Inflatable hot tub seats will stay at the bottom of the spa and don’t take a lot of space. You can easily place up to 5 different seats in the same inflatable hot tub.
Related Read: How Many Jets Do Inflatable Hot Tubs Have?
What You Should Expect to Come With Your Inflatable Hot Tub?
After purchasing your inflatable hot tub, here is the list of items that should come from such a purchase.
- The Pump: For pumping in air and water to bring your hot tub to life.
- Filter and Storage: The Filter cartridge is mainly for filtering out dirt while the storages are extras you would need while setting up your hot tub.
- Insulated Cover: The cover to your hot tub. Please ensure that your hot tub is always closed with a kid security lock in place when not in use especially if you have kids.
- Instruction Guide: The name is pretty much self-explanatory, refer to it while setting up your hot tub.
- Air Valve: Responsible for inflation and deflation of hot tub.
- Digital Control Panel: This is simply the control panel for setting your water temperature and basically controlling the functions of the hot tub.
- Inflatable Hot Tub: Of course, this has to come with the package otherwise we wouldn’t be getting a backyard hot tub anytime soon.
Other items that might come with your inflatable hot tub are an insulated ground mat, chemical floater, repair kit, etc.
Now, let’s take a quick look at a few tips on how to maintain your inflatable hot tub after setting it up.
- Always ensure spa cover is clean and Kid’s lock is secure when not in use.
- Clean your inflatable hot tub filter as regularly as you use the hot tub. At least, a weekly clean will do.
- Test and adjust portable hot tub water balance three times per week.
- Clean the hot tub regularly. Depending on how often you use it, a weekly clean will be great too.
- Drain and change the water every three months.
Did I speak explicitly on Inflatable Hot Tub Seats?